Saturday 17 May 2014

In The Mood

Well, you never know what those girls at Power Poppy are going to come up with next!!  This weeks inspiration for the"Unabashedly Upbeat Challenge" is a Thelonious Monk album cover.  What FUN!  The plan was to do housework this morning, but this challenge just grabbed me and wouldn't let go so I chose my background papers from the Enchanted paper pad by Memory Box and layered them onto bright blue cardstock with the vertical panel punched with the EK scalloped scallop border punch.  Then I die cut black cardstock with the Virtuoso Music die by Memory Box, cut it half and adhered the two halves to the card front.  I added a little tab of purple and blue cardstock die cut with two Spellbinders Labels 4 just for the heck of it.  Then I used the wonderful Power Poppy digital Gerbera Daisies on blending card, cut into a rectangle, coloured in grey tones with copics, sponged around the edge with Versacolor Cyan ink and layered onto purple cardstock, and added that piece with foam tape.  I cut the single word out of the sentiment from the Peonies set, made it into a notched tag and popped it on top.

Copic Colours used were: C1, C3, C5, C7.

Thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. I love the gray tones on these flowers Helen! So beautiful with the blue and purple tones! Thanks for playing in our Upbeat Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your choice of colors and layout with the music die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the challenge! I love the music notes in the background! Thanks for playing with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!