Tuesday 3 June 2014

Marigolds

The challenge at JustRite Papercraft this week is to make a card with a matching envelope.  Well, I usually decorate the outside of a ready-made envelope to match my cards, but this time I thought I would make an envelope with a matching interior.  I decided this lovely image from JustRite's Seeds of Summer stamp set would be perfect for this purpose so I stamped the image with both Versacolor Orange and Canary all over a piece of white paper, made the envelope using a score pad and stuck the decorated piece inside.  For the card, I chose background papers from The Citrus Stack paper pad by DCWV, layered the large piece onto orange cardstock, punched a border with a Martha Stewart punch onto some white cardstock and layered the horizontal piece onto that, and added a striped layer as well.  The marigold image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto blending card, coloured with copics, die cut with a Spellbinders Classic Oval and layered onto another oval of orange cardstock.  Then I die cut white cardstock with Spellbinders Lattice Pendant and added the image piece with foam tape.  The sentiment and its border also come from JustRite's Seeds of Summer set and was also added with foam tape.

Copic Colours used were:  YR00, YR02, YR04, Y11, Y15, Y17, G40, G43, G46.

Thanks for coming to visit!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and envelope set your coloring of the flowers is wonderful .

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so striking! Love the color!! Thanks for joining in at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is gorgeous. I love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful!! Love your card and the pretty envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!