Monday 7 July 2014

Green & Gold Glory

This weeks challenge at Power Poppy is titled "Let Freedom Ring".  This challenge has three parts - 1. to use a Power Poppy stamp, 2. to use colours representing your country, 3. to use one of the free (yes, free!) digital stamps on the Power Poppy blog.  Well, as a true blue Aussie girl, I decided to use the Australian sporting colours of green and gold.  I chose my papers from Basic Grey's Out Of Print paper pad, layering the background onto dark green cardstock, and punching both sides of the vertical strip with EK's scalloped scallop border punch.  I chose the Benjamin Franklin quote from the free digis, printed it small and die cut it with a Cuttlebug slider die.  I inked the edges with Memento Cottage Ivy ink, and, instead of using ribbon, threaded it onto a strip of the background paper layered onto dark green cardstock.  I chose the brand new Power Poppy Geraniums digital stamp for the image, coloured it with copics, die cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Oval die and added it with foam tape onto dark green cardstock die cut with a Spellbinders Elegant Oval die .

This post is dedicated to my great-nephew, Matthew Hauser, who was to represent Australia in Triathlon at the Youth Olympics in China next month.  Sadly, Matt was hit by a car during training last week.  He is recovering in hospital, but his injuries mean he will no longer be able to wear the green and gold at the Youth Olympics - such a cruel blow for a sixteen-year-old who has worked so hard to achieve his dreams, but we are thankful that his injuries weren't worse and he will recover to "fight another day"!

Copic Colours used were:  Y00, Y21, Y35, YG61, YG63, YG67.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is stunning Helen! Your colouring is amazing and I love th Aussie green and gold! Oh that’s hard to hear about your great-nephew :( I hope this will be a good encouragment.

    Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your coloring is amazing!! And I love how you added the sentiment on a slider! I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. How tough to train so hard only to have such a scary set-back. I'm glad he'll recover though. And hopefully he will get another chance!! Thanks for participating in our Power Poppy challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!