Tuesday 7 October 2014

Sepia Tulips

This card is for one of the challenges at Power Poppy to celebrate World Cardmaking Day (which, this year, happened to fall on my birthday - how cool is that?!!)  This challenge is titled "Woot Woot for Tuts" - meaning the challenge is to try one of the Monday Tutorials on the Power Poppy Blog.  I chose the tutorial by the amazingly talented Allison Cope on Colouring in Sepia.  You can find it HERE.  I started with a piece of dark beige cardstock which I embossed with Cuttlebug's Woodgrain EF.  I wrapped some lace and dark brown ribbon around the bottom and layered it onto dark brown cardstock.  Then I die cut some of the dark brown cardstock with a Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B - I made two and added them to the top corners.  Then I stamped the tulips and sentiment from Power Poppy's Dynamic Duos Peonies & Tulips set with Rich Cocoa Memento ink onto blending card, coloured it with copics, die cut it with a Spellbinders Labels Four and sponged around the edges with Versacolor Sand Beige ink.  I added the image piece with foam tape and a dark brown bow finished it off.

Copic Colours used were:  E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E50, E53, E55.

Thanks so much for coming to visit!

1 comment:

  1. I so love how elegant this is Helen...with the darker centers in the tulips it’s absolutely stunning! Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along in our WCMD Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!